Wednesday, January 27, 2010

.

Not feeling well, haven't been since Monday night. Hopefully I'm better by this weekend because there's a CIEE trip to Edinburgh, although I'm still not sure if I'm looking forward to it, it's going to be freeeezing! I have to promote the National Student Survey all week for work, basically stand there and ask people if they're a third year over and over and over. It's gotten to the point that people already know what we're going to ask. Tomorrow I have to do it 9:45-10:25, 10:45-11:15, 11:45-12:15, and 14:45-16:15. I don't know why I was assigned the 14:45 shift, since I said I wasn't free at that time, I usually have wind band, but it's a dress rehearsal for a concert on Friday that I'm not playing in (going to Edinburgh), so I don't really need to go, playing sax when congested is no fun anyway. I'm going to see if someone can cover the 9:45 shift, I need my sleep so I can get better. I did go to Latin rhythm ensemble last night, was a really great rehearsal. I actually felt better during/after it, music has a magical healing power, haha. I played drum set for the first time in years, very simple rhythm, but I enjoyed it nonetheless, then played alto and managed to bang out some pretty decent improv, so it was a good night. Then I stayed in (you know I'm not feeling well if I don't go to pound a pint) and watched my usual not feeling well movie, 'The Holiday.' I have contemporary music ensemble tonight, not sure if I'm going. I enjoyed it last week, but I'm not technically enrolled in it so I don't feel obligated to go, we'll see, it could make me feel better as Latin Rhythm did.
Two weeks until I see my parents for the first time in nearly five months!

1 comment: