Saturday, January 9, 2010

Settling Back In

I've been really homesick since Thanksgiving, but I think now that I'm settling back into everyday life here I'll be fine. I got to meet the new CIEE Goldsmiths students a couple nights ago and they're all really nice. We saw 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof' last night (w/ CIEE). It was OK, a bit slow at some points, James Earl Jones was in it. It took place in the American south about an ex-NFL player, all I could think about was Wes Welker, haha. Bodean's is playing the Pats game tomorrow so I'm skipping out on a CIEE event to watch it, haha. It's supposed to snow more, so hopefully I make it there in time. I guess it's been really cold and snowing a lot here and everyone's freaking out. The trains are crap and unreliable, not a good first impression for the new students, haha. CIEE had 350 students fly in this week and there were TONS of delays, some people even had to land in other cities and get trains here, crazy, I know of at least one without luggage. Glad I came in the fall. I heard on the radio that this is the coldest winter in 13 years, and someone else said the coldest in 50 years, figures. It was snowing really heavily when I got here (at the library, internet isn't working in my room), well I was about to say that it has since stopped, but it just started again...haha. The sidewalks are horrible, we did get some sun yesterday though and most of it melted. But they don't use ice melt, if I had a grandmother here I wouldn't want her going out, haha. I also saw someone sweeping the snow the other day, laughed out loud while walking down the street.
So I've been working on the final for a class for at least a month, and I've come to the conclusion that I can't do it. I emailed the international office and Joe said to speak to him on Monday. I'm not sure if that means there's hope and I can drop it or not, would be nice to know since it's due on Wednesday. I do have an extra tutorial with the teacher on Monday, but I don't know what time it's at. Hopefully I can forget about that horrible class and a huge weight will be lifted off my shoulders. There's another class I'm not sure how well I'll do in. I'm pretty sure I'll pass, but I need at B in music classes or I have to re-take them, so I guess I'll have to wait for my grade (handing the final in Monday) and then wait for it to go through the system to convert it to the American grading system....no idea how long that will take, forever....
No idea when I'll find out my Anthropology grade, handed in the essay last month. My other class is a full year course, we've only had one project and I think I did really well on it.
I guess I should stop wasting time and go finish up my other final project now.

1 comment:

  1. Seoul has also seen more snow this Winter than they have in like 70 years or something.... And yeah, I've seen people sweeping the snow here too.... Um. Hi.
    I feel like asking if I can take over the plowing here. I've never plowed before, but, I'm guessing that I can do a better job! :)
    -
    Your Cousin Krissy xo

    ReplyDelete