Wednesday, November 30, 2011

5+5

Asante to everyone who has donated so far!
Every little bit counts, if you donate $5, and then pass the link on to 5 friends, who also donate $5, that's $30 right there! So don't think that you can't help, even if you really can't make a donation, spread the word! It's amazing what can happen when we all get together.

I have a pending donation of $108 from Siri Karm at the Boston Language Institute, thank you so much for your kindness!

Also, I have made business cards! If you would like some to hand out to friends and family let me know. Thanks John and Judi for helping me make them!

There are also some updates to the site, as you can see there is now a "fundraising thermometer" to the right. All things considered I think we have made great progress, and I have faith that I will reach my goal! I have also added a link to the official Amani website on the top right. And if you scroll down to the bottom I have posted my email. Don't forget to check out the list of people who have donated!

Swhahili for your thoughts.
In Swahili, the prefix changes rather than the suffix when you change the class of the word, ex. mtoto - child, watoto - children
so...
Jambo - hello
Hujambo - How are you? (to one person)
Sijambo - I'm fine
Hamjambo - How are you? (to more than one person)
Hatujambo - We're fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment