Friday, November 11, 2011

More Needles

Today I got a typhoid vaccine, polio vaccine, and the second of three rabies vaccines. They didn't hurt as much as the others, but I know how sore I'm going to be from the rabies one. Taking my backpack on and off while climbing Mt. Monadnock tomorrow is going to be interesting...

My doctor prescribed azithromycin for the inevitable diarrhea for the first couple of weeks. Definitely bringing some over the counter stuff for the rest of the time, just in case. She also prescribed doxycycline for malaria, which I have to take every day on a full stomach starting the day before I leave, the entire time I'm there, and for a couple weeks after I get back.

I got faux leather to make the peace bracelets with, but it is definitely not as malleable as real leather, looks like I'll have to go with the real stuff. I never realized how easy it is to work leather, it's like writing in butter! I got some leather stamps and a metal stylus, can't wait to get the leather and start playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment