Sunday, December 13, 2009

Here goes...

This time tomorrow I'll be in France! I'm very nervous about finding the right trains! The first train to Lille is no prob, but finding the right train in countries I don't speak the language of will probably be difficult. I'm very excited for my first night of couchsurfing because she has a cat! Haha, I briefly met a nice alley cat in Greece, but other than that I haven't since I left mine almost three months ago!
The plan is....one night in Lille (France), Brussels (Belgium), Liege (Belgium), Cologne (Germany), Mannheim (Germany) two nights in Munich (Germany), two nights in Salzburg (Austria), I'll arrive in Vienna (Austria) on the 23rd, and spend Christmas with Mike. It looks like we're having Christmas dinner at another CSers (couchsurfers) house and then having lunch on Christmas day at Mike's. I'll stay with him in Vienna for New Years and leave on January 2nd. That day will be pretty much all traveling, first a train to Innsbruck (Austria; was going to stay there but there are no couchsurfers), hopefully have a couple hours to stretch and wander, then another train to Zurich (Switzerland), where I'll stay two days. On the 4th I'll get a train to Lausanne (Switzerland), again hopefully some time to wander, then another train to Paris, where I'll spend two nights. Then on Wednesday the 6th I'll get a train to Calais (France), then a ferry to Dover, then a train to London (I can't book my ticket to London because I don't have a U.K. issued debit card, so I may end up spending a night in Dover). Then from where I get off in London it will probably take me an hour to get back to New Cross.
I'm all packed in one backpack (which I got from a CSer in London, for free!), somehow I don't think I'm going to sleep very much tonight.

Just read a bit on my pass that says "this pass is for residents of Europe only", great, I might get to France and have to come right back here...somehow they forgot to mention that detail when I bought the pass with my Bank of America card and American passport...
There's no way I'm sleeping for the next two days, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment