Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Break!

I have a break March 26th to April 26th! First the plan was to do a trip from Prague to Norway, then it was to hike in Norway, then discovered the trails aren't open until June, so I decided to go somewhere warm, the Azores, for two weeks, then realized I don't have the money so I'm staying here. I guess it's a good thing, I need to do some intense practicing. I might visit a couple friends to see where they come from, maybe go to Cambridge and/or Manchester, do some more walks out of my book, be a tourist in London more, since I still haven't done that many touristy things.
After break there isn't much going on, my Friday morning class continues along with private lessons, I have an essay due right when I get back, and a rudiments assessment on sax, then an ensembles performance assessment later on, and that's it for two months!

I thought this was a rather appropriate Twain quote for this entry, I had a meeting with the departmental board (for the music department) the other day and I was not impressed with them in the least...[there are a couple people on the board I really like, and some not so much]
"In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then He made school boards."
- Following the Equator, Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar


And another (from Pudd'nhead), because his wisdom is infinite...
"Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but Cabbage with a College Education."

1 comment:

  1. I love Twain. I hope the money we sent helps you thru June. Let me know if it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete