Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Week One

Week one of break, not completely alone, one other person in the flat, and not all the Americans are traveling. I'm still not sure what to do with myself this entire month, I watched back to the future around 1am, went to sleep, got up and watched back to the future II, had dinner, then back to the future III, it's been a very productive day. I recently discovered I had a sudoku book from this summer, I've completed all of those, finished reading 'Persuasion' as well. I finished 'Peter Pan' awhile back, but there's a part called 'Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens', so some time next week I'm going to go to Kensington Gardens and read it there, it seems like a walking tour of the gardens from a child's point of view, we'll see. I'm also reading 'David Copperfield', I want to finish it before break, but I'm a terribly slow reader so again, we'll see. I'm thinking of climbing the highest peak in England at some point, but that has proven to be a lot more planning than I anticipated. I'm going to go into central tomorrow to the dinosaur exhibit on Oxford street, and possibly the natural history museum, should be a fun and childish time. I want to see 'I love you Philip Morris' but I can't find anywhere playing it tomorrow.
I'm sure my constant struggle this holiday will be when to get out of bed, if I've got nothing planned, it's hard to see a reason, today it was 12:30, yesterday 1:30, again, Twain has all the answers....
'Rise early. It is the early bird that catches the worm. Don't be fooled by this absurd law; I once knew a man who tried it. He got up at sunrise and a horse bit him.'

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Peter Pan!
    Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens is his "backstory." It's strange, but wonderful. :) What FUN to read it IN the Gardens!

    If you need more Pan, there's a novel out based on Barrie's own idea for more! Click
    And apparently the author is working on a book that bridges the gap between Peter and Wendy (aka Peter Pan) and Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens :)

    Have a great time visting and reading.
    BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops... forgot the link to that book.
    Silly me.
    Click!

    ReplyDelete