Friday, March 5, 2010

hi

Not much going on, the usual. Playing in a variety show tonight and tomorrow night. Lovin my Latin rhythm course, and private lessons, what do you know I actually improve when I'm allowed to do stuff I enjoy! Playing rock-ish music Friday mornings for a class, really weird, I'm not really sure how to approach it, pretty simply I guess, just blasting the root of the chord as loud as I can most of the time. I think the song we do next week will leave me a bit more room to fool around with though, hopefully.
I've come to the conclusion that I feed off other people musically, my improv really isn't bad in Latin rhythm class, but stick me in a tiny room with someone at a piano and I can tell you now that nothing decent is going to come out.
Going to see Harlequins vs. Worcester (rugby) tomorrow.
The weather has been amazing, I would take off this weekend if I weren't busy, maybe next weekend I'll find somewhere to go walking in the countryside. Haven't found how to go about hiking in Norway yet, gotta find out soon cause if I'm going hiking I gotta get in shape first.



'There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope. We give them a turn and they make new and curious combinations. We keep on turning and making new combinations indefinitely; but they are the same old pieces of colored glass that have been in use through all the ages.' -Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment