Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2 Weeks

I can't believe that I leave in two weeks! It's unreal. I am so nervous. There are so many little things to sort out.

Is my ukulele too big for carry on? (must check with both airlines)
How much will an extra piece of luggage cost?
How much money should I budget for the week in London?
What am I going to do that whole week, without spending too much?
How different will it be returning to the place I lived in for a year?
Who will meet me at the airport in Africa?
Where am I staying once I get there?
Do I have all of the documents I need for arrival at the airport?
What if my luggage gets lost?
Do I need travelers insurance?
What do I have for curriculum/lesson plans?
How am I going to teach with my limited Swahili and their limited English?
I need to work on my Swahili...
What do I need to bring with me?
How do I get all of my prescriptions in advance?
I need culturally appropriate clothes.
I need to bring all toiletries with me (toothpaste, deodorant, hairspray, razors etc.) 6 months worth.
I should see the dentist before I leave...

What am I forgetting?

And the biggest thing I'm worried about? Culture shock. I guess the reason I'm so worried is because I've experienced it before, and I know how hard the first couple of weeks are going to be. I really need to approach everything with an open, excited, and curious attitude, but of course that's easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment