Thursday, December 8, 2011

Billerica Minuteman

Check out the front page of this week's Billerica Minuteman!

Thanks Angie, wonderfully written!

I'd also like to thank George & Gail Lucozzi at ASA Photographic for the photo, which they took at my senior saxophone recital at UMass Dartmouth. I am very close to them and their kids; definitely have a look at their website!

For those of you who were led to this blog via the newspaper article, Karibu (welcome)! As Angie said, I am looking for monetary donations and used or new instruments.

I also have some new information on what exactly I'll be doing at Amani. It turns out that it's going to be a music club that meets after school and on Saturdays, so it will be voluntary for the kids. So my tentative schedule is Tuesday-Thursday 12-6, sometime on Saturday, and meetings every Monday.

I've also been looking into accommodation, which has proven difficult. I'm interested in Hostel Hoff, but I'm not sure I can afford it. Check out the site though, it looks like a wonderful place! And yes, it is named after David Hasselhoff.

And I've decided on a couple more purchases to make with the donation money, in addition to a set of Remo sound shapes, I'm going to get a small amp ("micro cube") and a mic, for featuring lead vocals over a chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment