Thursday, January 5, 2012

London

Arrived safely in London, I'm staying with some friends for a week.

Got to the airport in Boston, went to check in at British Airways, only to find out that American Airlines sometimes disguises themselves as British Airways, and even though I booked British Airways flight 1503 I was actually on American Airlines flight 156. And even though it says that terminal E is for all international flights, that's not true, my whole family had to take a shuttle with me to terminal B.
So British Airways has individual TVs where you can watch movies, TV shows, play games, or watch a map with the flight progress, all kinds of stuff. AA has TVs in the aisle of the plane, I could see about half the screen, and the movie was in Spanish...I was pretty bored, but ended up sleeping for at least half of the flight. There were adorable kids behind me (that woke me up at least twice). They had to replace a brake on the plane so we sat on the tarmac at Logan for ages, and the little girl behind me kept counting down to "blastoff", "8 7 6 3 1 5 2 3 5 4 3 2 1 Blastoff!" Then would sing a song about little drops of snow.
The flight was uneventful, landed at Heathrow pretty much on time. But, as usual, there are about 5 people at the border for British people, and 2 for "all other passports", which means it takes ages to get through. Then Sam and Max met me at the airport, and it takes a ridiculous amount of time to get back to where they live. Sat around and caught up and went to bed pretty late. I'm not adjusted to London time yet, I forced myself up at 11:30, but my body thought it was 6:30am, gah.
I don't really have plans for the week, just wanted to see everyone again. I think we're going to Hamleys toy store, and I forgot a watch, so maybe I'll try to find a cheap one while we're out.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your own labor on this website. Kim take interest in setting aside time for investigation and it's obvious why. My spouse and i know all concerning the lively form you offer worthwhile guidance by means of your website and therefore boost response from some other people on this point and our favorite daughter is really becoming educated a great deal. Take advantage of the remaining portion of the new year. You're the one doing a great job.
    Mr-S-Leather Essential Leather Wrist Restraints - Men's

    ReplyDelete