Friday, November 27, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

OK, so it was yesterday, but happy Thanksgiving nonetheless. It was a pretty good one, I'm really glad I had dinner with friends otherwise I would have been really homesick. Chloe cooked most of it, we had her, me, Sam, Max, and Stuart, who all live here, plus Max's girlfriend Alex, and my American friend Lydia. Afterwards we went to the SU for Simon Says (popular music student open mic) since Max & Alex were playing there, they were def one of the best. Charlie (nother flat mate) couldn't make dinner because of choir practice, but we saved him a plate, then he met us at the SU, so did another friend who couldn't make it to dinner (Iona, we fed her leftovers after the show). My other flat mate Anna had gone home the night before, and Aisling had already left for Belgium for the weekend. I saved one box of cornbread mix so we can have it with them another night. I skyped with family after the show (which most people reading this will know), then hung out in the kitchen for awhile. I was really tired and all I wanted was sleep, but I was also really homesick so the second I got alone in my room it hit me really hard. So I stayed up in the kitchen until about 2am, then tried to sleep but couldn't. I was supposed to go to a 9:30am class today, where I was gonna play my sax, but I just couldn't wake up for it. I would still be in bed but I can't miss Orchestration, which starts in 20 minutes.
I had a tutorial for anthropology yesterday, we talked about an essay I wrote and handed in even though I didn't need to, wondering if she'll give me a grade anyway even though it doesn't count for anything. Then we talked about my final essay, due next week, that I'm still stumped on. She only wants 2000 words not 3000, so that helps I little, I only have 400 at the moment. Then I was supposed to have practice with a wind quartet that I'm performing with on Tuesday, but they broke up early and by the time I got there they were all gone. If I can get a tenor and a bari we'll also be performing my sax trio on Tuesday.
Should be going out with some friends from home tonight.
Sleeping all day tomorrow, maybe getting some work done.
Unfortunately now I have to go to orchestration class!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Turkey Day to you too. We missed the "inas" sooo much.

    ReplyDelete