Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What?!

It's almost December, I can't believe it, all the other Americans are leaving in three weeks. I don't even know where to begin, I guess I need to purchase my Eurail pass, I think I'll end up staying in hostels, since I can't really say when I'll be where, just gotta get to Vienna in time for Christmas, if I can find a free couch on the way, even better. I have to write an essay tonight, just a rough draft so I can take it to a tutorial tomorrow and see what she has to say. Final draft due next week, but I haven't even started it yet. I also have to orchestrate a piano piece for full orchestra, that shouldn't be too hard, but unbelievably time consuming. I don't think that's due until after break, but I dunno when I'll be back in London and I'm not bringing a computer, so I need to get it done before I leave. The big one that has me real stressed is for my romanticism & musical structures class. Which consists of "a diagram and prose" (?) explaining Schubert's "Krieger's Ahnung", a Schenkerian analysis with 1000 word essay of the piece, and a Schoenbergian analysis with 1000 word essay. It's all very vague and theoretical, and I'm a very literal person so I struggle with it. I think I have a concept of what he wants for the Shenkerian one, but we had a total of two lectures on Schoenberg, with one very brief example this morning of how to analyze something. We get two tutorials though, so I will try to have my Schenkerian analysis done for next week, and hopefully my "diagram and prose" and get some feedback on that, then the Schoenbergian analysis for the week after. Ugh, gotta buckle down and get to work, been saying that for weeks, still haven't done it. I told a friend to put something really heavy in front of my door so I can't get out for two days, but that still leaves the distraction of the internet.
Oh and did I mention I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner for at least 10 people? Yea...I have help though, we're going food shopping today. I'm skipping wind band tomorrow, gotta cook.
Couldn't sleep last night so I wrote what I think is a pretty funny song, I really need to learn guitar though. I also wrote a sax trio last week that I'm going to see if people will perform on Dec. 1st.

Oo also found out one of my b-ball coaches is a Pats fan, he was wearing a New England shirt last night, heck yea go Pats!

No comments:

Post a Comment