Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ugh

I can't concentrate on anything! I'm really homesick, and nervous about my trip, catching trains on time/not getting lost in countries where I don't speak the language etc. Less than twelve weeks til I see my parents! Have I really not seen you in almost three months? Have you two gotten your passports yet?!
I have SO much to do and I can't concentrate on any of it. Due by 4pm tomorrow is my DSC report, then by my tutorial on Wednesday I should have done my Schenkerian analysis and two essays to make sure I'm on the right track, haven't started those. Due Thursday is my only assignment/grade for anthropology, 2000 word critical essay, I have 400 words. Next Wednesday I should have my Schoenbergian analysis and essay done for my tutorial. Then Friday I should have my orchestration project done for that tutorial. (Note that my analizations and orchestration should just be done so I can be told how bad they are and revise them.) I absolutely despise my romanticism and musical structures class, I don't even know where to begin. Best part is everyone on the departmental board knows he's an absolutely horrendous teacher, gee I wonder why the grade for teaching in the music department on the national student survey is so low. They know he's crap and they don't bother to do anything about it, because it's not their problem. Way to care about your students.
Before I left home I was really stressed because the British consulate was holding my passport ransom, so stressed that I was worn out all the time and just slept my last days at home away. Now I'm so stressed about these assignments and my trip and I'm really homesick so I'm always tired. I went to one of my classes Friday, and went out later that night, but otherwise all I've been doing the past three days is sleeping. I got up at 3pm today, tried to get work done but accomplished nothing, fell asleep on my papers at 7, was woken up by my neighbor at 10, I want to go back to bed but I should get something done today, ugh. Have to at least do my DSC report. You know, I wouldn't be so stressed if it weren't for that one class, I freakin hate that class, I have more to do for that than for everything else combined, and I've learned more in ten minutes of an anthropology lecture than I have in every single lecture combined for that class.

1 comment:

  1. Hi..it was good to talk to you on turkey day..School sounds so stressful right now..is there a "student service " that could help you with some of it,or help you get started? What the heck is a Schoenbergian analysis anyway-sounds awful..love AM

    ReplyDelete